Monday 3 September 2012

So much drama (Part one)

My phone kept ringing.
"Stupid unknown number... STOP RINGING ME NOW."
I muttered, pressing the red phone again for the 18th time.
"Mama, is that phone call not important?"
"No darling, it's just some people trying to sell me things I don't want or need. Now, lets get back to your homework."
 
 
 
After I'd made dinner, I checked my mailbox, but was inturrupted by another phone call.

 
"LOOK. I don't want any of what you're selling... why don't you harrass someone else?"
"Jayda..."
I stopped in my tracks.
"Mama?"
"Hi there darlin'."
 
On the other end of that phone call... was my mother. But I thought she had died. I struggled for a few minutes, trying to put a sentence together. She must have sensed my frustration because she spoke again.

"I'd like to see you darling. If that's ok? I mean, I hear from my roommate that we have so much to catch up on... you have some grandchildren and great grandchildren for me?"
"Sure mama... I... I can't wait to see you."
"I'll drop by later? Love you pet."
"Love you too mama."
 
And then the line went dead.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sookie's POV
 
While mama was out, I was helping Hadley wash the dishes and then put the toddlers to bed. It was getting rather late so we shooed Hallie, Annie and Scott to bed too and then settled down to listen to a bit of music together.
 

 
"Sook? Where's mama tonight?"
"She said she was meeting the next father."
"Don't ya think it's a wee bit odd that she goes out nearly every other night and comes back pregnant?"
"I haven't really thought much about it Had."
"Really? Don't you find it creepy? These men she sleeps with... she could get a STD."
"She's careful."
"REALLY SOOK. It doesn't bother you even a tiny bit that our mama is out there, sleeping with all sorts and making babies like they're goin' out of fashion. You just sit there and say whatever to that."
"Hadley. She's careful. She's in a challenge. You know all this. I don't know why you're freaking out."
"WHATEVER Sookie. I'm going out."
"Wait, where are you going. We're not meant to leave while she's out."
"Yeah, well. My role model does it."
"You're so immature sometimes Hadley."
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Jayda's POV
 
So, I was finally seeing my mama again, after so long. It was strange, but part of me hoped that she resented leaving us. She left all of us kids, and daddy. I wanted an explanation.
 
 
This woman walked up to me, closer and closer.
"Can I help you?"
"Jay... it's me."
"Mama? What happened to you? Oh my god... are you alright?"
"I'm fine JMoon. The cut isn't that bad anymore, it's healed wonderfully and the hair is so he couldn't recognise me."
"He? Cut? I'm so confused mama."
Then she launched into a long story about why she'd left and how she was so, so sorry but the man had threatened to hurt her children. She'd done it for Flynn, Jacyi, Marie, Kayryn, Lorraine, Jimm. She'd done it for me.
 
"So, this man... just attacked you with a knife. Out of nowhere? And threatened us all... Oh mama. I'm so sorry. I blamed you. I got told that you didn't love us any more and I believed it."


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, her mother!! :O

    You have me intrigued for the next one!

    I thought it was funny that Sookie was so worried about the STDs. Then again, I'd probably be very worried also. ^_^

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee... I do like to intrigue people :3
      The next one will hopefully be out soon <3

      Delete