Saturday 20 October 2012

God works in mysterious ways.

 
 
I couldn't believe the triplets were almost ready to move out. None of them wanted to go to prom and all wanted to grow up and move out into their own places. Before they aged up, Hallie ran to the toilet and I heard her noisily throw up. I followed her to the bathroom and opened the door.
"Hal, darling. It's me. Are you ok?"
"Mmm. Just... I dunno."
She walked out and picked up the cat, cradling Nashira to her chest.
"Hal. What's going on?"
I whispered, pulling her hair back from her face.
"Mama. I think i'm pregnant."
 
 
I stood there staring out my window, not able to take in what I was hearing.
"You... pregnant. I... Are you... I mean. Are you keeping it Hallie?"
 
 
I turned to her, my face in shock.
 
 
"Yes, it's my baby."
"Hal, I didn't mean it like that, I just... you're so young."
I stopped talking, seeing the face she was pulling at me. Then she softened.
"Mama. You won't be dissapointed in me if I keep it will you?"
 
 
"Oh my. Hallie, of course not baby girl. I'm your mama and I love you. No matter what happens. I'm always here for you."
We hugged it out and walked out the room, only to bump into a grinning Fergal.
 
"I'm going to become a world renowned surgeon so i'll deliver your baby Hallie."
"Yeah, thanks babe. I'll let you know."
He ran off looking rather pleased with himself and Hallie shook her head.
"That child is not going anywhere near my area."
 
 
Coal got fleas so we had to give him a flea bath. Then we gave all the animals one just to be safe. The animals weren't allowed anywhere near Austin because he hadn't had his shots yet or near Hallie because of the baby.
 
 
Scott and his girlfriend looked after the younger children while I went over to Brayden and Loretta's house for their daughter Mary's birthday party. She was beautiful, a mini me, but with Ettie's nose and eye shape.
 
 
She did become a kleptomaniac which worried Brayden a lot, but Ettie just laughed, ruffling her daughters hair.
"She's too soft. I'd barely be able to afford a pair of shoes with the amount she would steal."
I'm starting to think my daughter is a bit mad in the head too.
 
I should be pregnant by now but I've been so busy taking care of a very poorly Hallie. She lay in bed cheering Austin on when I taught him to walk and talk. Scott gave all the pets another flea bath to be sure while Annie shooed away the stray white cat that always lingered around.
 
"That's probably how we're getting all these fleas Scott. Get rid of it."
"Annie, it's a stray. It'll die out there. I'll leave it some food outside but it won't come back in. Ok?"
 

 
"Yeah, sure Scott. That's why it's playing with Coal on the floor right now. Get rid of it or I will."
 
My garden had grown unruly and horrible so I decided to replace it completely, replanting it all again. I came back inside to wash my hands and heard sobs coming from the bedroom.
"Hal?"
 
 
I pushed open the bedroom door and found Hallie on the floor surrounded by blood.
"She's not breathing. She's dead mama."
 
 
Shaking, I wrapped my arms around my daughters shoulders, helping her up. I called Annie and together we lifted her onto the bed. Scott called an ambulance to take her to the hospital. When they came, they put Hallie on a stretcher.
"Ma'am. She's having another one. We're gonna have to take her to hospital now if there's any chance of her saving the baby."
One of the staff started to wrap the dead baby up in blankets to take it away.
"NO. THAT'S MY BABY. THAT'S MY baby. Please. I want my baby. Why isn't she alive?"
I could only stand there and sob as they took Hallie into the ambulance. Annie pushed me a little.
"Mama. You need to go with her, we'll stay and look after Callie, Ferg and Austin
 
Unfortunately, the second baby was also stillborn. We had a quiet ceremony and buried the twins in the cemetary. Helping Hallie into the car, she turned to me, her hands clutching mine tightly, tears streaming down her face. Her mascara had run lots and I started dabbing my tissue over the marks.

"Mama. If you have girls, two girls, name them Chloe and Leanne for me?"
"Of course darling. They're beautiful names."
"That's what I would have named the girls."
 
Hallie and her boyfriend Drew would never get over the shock of losing both girls, but they agreed to take things slowly. In no time at all though, Hallie was pregnant again. She was extremely cautious about this pregnancy, not wanting to lose the baby again and due soon.
 
 
Annie looked the splitting image of me, which all my red haired girls seemed to do. She moved out on her own for the time being as she didn't have a boyfriend yet. She wanted to focus on her career first of all before a family came along.
 
 
Scott and Kelly got married as soon as they aged up and they also got right to work on starting a famly. Lots of grandchildren for me! They took Coal with them too as Scott had always adored that cat since being a child.
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that part about Hallie was so sad. :'( Poor babies.

    Haha, Fergal, that part was funny. xD

    Great post, Bex! Can't wait for more babies!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikr. I cried when the babies didn't come out aha :')
    He is a really funny one, always pulling faces and playing joke! xD

    Thanks <3
    Me neither - want to get this going.
    Just wish more people would comment and read it. Like loads of people (or loads to me) read it but you're the only commenter - not that I mind that cause you're amazingg but it'd be nice for more aha <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, people should really read your 100 baby challenge, or at least comment if they do read it. You put so much effort into it!

    Of course, people didn't really start commenting much on mine until I was at baby 20 or so. Later in the challenge, I made a facebook for Calista and that really helped me make more friends and gain more readers. It just takes time, I suppose. It also helps to comment on other peoples' posts. That's what I did in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Haha, I suppose thats alright then... I might make a facebook for Jayda then and see what happens. If I do, can I possibly get you to promote me? ;)
      Yeah, I have been doing but still... x

      Delete
    2. Yay, you made a facebook! :D I totally stalked you. Heheheheheheeh... >:]

      Delete