Friday 3 August 2012

Moving, Meeting and Mating - Baby 4


So here's the situation. Bridgeport had become a terrifying place to live. Especially on my own with three children. Mama and daddy had always told me about a quaint little town on the outskirts of the city called Appaloosa Plains. I'd never thought much about it, until I read the headlines of the newspaper that evening.
"Third teenager stabbed to death in 4 days."

That was it. Enough to make me decide to get my children out of there. So we moved to Appaloosa Plains and started a new life. I was just worried that my family were still in Bridgeport and wouldn't remember us.

Here we are. Our new home. I had sold everything in my old place to afford a nice new home here. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't small either.


Once we'd moved in, I decided that this little puppy would be a lovely edition to our family. Meet Tamsie. She's full of energy and ever so friendly.



Later that day, I sat Aislinn down and taught him to speak in order to grow everyone up that evening. He picked up on everything extremely quickly.

Then it was time to age up the children. I'm not sure where Loretta got the blonde hair from, but she is so adorable.  

Ais looks more and more like his dad every day, but he is lovely and helps out around the house at every opportunity. I think I'll struggle getting him out of the house!

And Zane. My little red-head. My first red-head of this challenge. He's a sparky one, but often complains about trivial things.

Leaving them with the babysitter, I decided to head to the park to try and find a baby daddy. I found this rat though, and even though I wasn't that keen on them, I decided a new start meant I would try and bring him home for Ais. We called him Shadow and took him home.



Next I went to buy a horse. Mama had told me about riding hers when she was a wee girl. I'd always dreamed of riding one so I bought one and rode her home. I called her Mocha, because of her colour. She was beautiful and gentle, but I was still quite scared about beind so high off the ground.


Once home, Aislinn took a fancy to the horse as well which pleased me.

I met this guy. My next door neighbour; Zac Whipsnake and asked if he wanted to be in the challenge. He agreed to come back after work.

So in the meantime, while Ais was at school and the toddlers were napping the ice cream truck appeared outside my house. I ordered a bunny popsicle for myself, and hoped that it would still be here by the time Ais got back home.



Aislinn got home and immediately started on his homework. I seemed to have a lot of free time on my hands after cleaning up the entire house, so I played on my guitar for a bit, determined that I would level up my skill. Unfortunately, time had gone quicker than I thought and Ais wanted a bedtime story.

I tried to read him a book, but my phone kept going off. I ignored it though. He decided to climb into my bed for the story, and then hop into his own for sleep, which seemed a bit pointless to me, but oh well.

Juggling three children and 3 animals wasn't as easy as it looked. Luckily, Loretta was happy anyway and I got to spend some time with her before she went to bed.


Zane, on the other hand? He was being mega grumpy and wouldn't settle down until I'd walked around the entire garden with him first. Once he was finally settled down, I invited Zac over again to get to business.


Zac was really sweet and we sealed the deal with a kiss before heading to the shower where baby 4 was conceived. Part of me was hoping for a single birth again as that would ease some of my burden, but Zac wanted a big family. Whichever happened, I would be happy as they were my children.



I knew that soon, I would probably be needing a new house as this was getting on the small side. However, I didn't have enough money at the moment and Aislinn had already demanded that we stay here for a while longer. I smiled at him and nodded, kissing the top of his head and promised we would stay here for at least 3 more children, if not more. It would take a while for the other house to be built and for me to gather up money to afford it.


Zane was having a good day today and went to bed quite happily for once. It was nice to have a bit of free time to catch up on doing some painting. After all, we needed the money.


Almost as soon as I'd picked up the paintbrush though, he started crying, wanting attention. I figured that it would be a good time to get a start on him walking, having just finished teaching Ettie (Loretta).


After putting him to bed, again, I took Mocha down to the stables for a bit of a lesson in how to jump and other things. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my baby bump decided to appear just as we were about to get going and I wasn't allowed to ride while pregnant. Mocha and I walked home to find Aislinn being a wonderful son and clearing up all the plates.



While painting, he came in and sat on my egg chair.
"What's up duck?"
I asked him, continuing the painting I was on, so he didn't feel pressured to tell me. I knew he was upset though. Normally, he'd be out in the garden with Mocha or in his bedroom.
"All the other boys at school tease me cause I haven't got a daddy."
I paused. I was going to have to have this conversation with him wasn't I? And it was only my first child as well. I thought I'd be doing this much further down the line.
"Ais. You do have a daddy... He just lives far away, in Bridgeport. I felt it was better for us to move down here, because some bad things were happening there. Just cause he's far away doesn't mean he don't love you."
"Will I ever see him?"
"I'm not sure baby. It's complicated. Y'see. You and Ettie and Zane are part of the 100 baby challenge."
"You're gonna have 100 babies mama!? That's sure an awful lot."
"Tell me about it. I want lots of kiddies, but don't think that just cause there's gonna be 100 of you, i'll love y'all any less. You were my first baby and therefore the most special of all. Don't listen to them other kids. They may have both sets of parents, but you will have so much more lovin' than them."
"Thanks mama, I love you."
"Love you too Ais." 


Then he proceeded to sit on the floor and talk to some strange looking doll. Whatever keeps him happy. Once he put it down, there were sparkles and it grew up and started walking around. At least that's what he told me. I couldn't see it.



Something was there though, as Ais was sure getting battered.



In the afternoon, I got asked to go and shoot a video for some opening of a new restaurant, so I headed on down there, being a three star celebrity and all.


Getting big!


Seems I can't even have two seconds on my own without the phone going off.


Aislinn had sure cheered up as he was outside, stroking Mocha.




"Not long now baby. I can't wait for you to appear."


Even though I was heavily pregnant, I didn't stop doing things with the kids or the animals. Tamsie wanted to play chase, so I did.


Apparently catching up on your cooking skill induces labour. Baby wanted OUT.




Final push and... Welcome to the world...


Kaylum Moon
-Perceptive
-Brave



[ If anybody has a baby daddy they'd like to see in the challenge, drop a comment and a link below and I'll be happy to have a look'see and possibly let them join the challenge. As well as if you have challenge mothers that would like to be in, same. And baby names please, cause my brain can't think of many more! Thanks for reading! <3 ]







2 comments: