Tuesday 5 June 2012

Clubs, Vacations and Princesses?

So, this is all going to be done in parts, as I'm not quite ready for Jayda to be having babies and neither is she!! ;D This part will be from Kayryn's POV and I might have the next part from Lorraine's POV to mix things up a bit! I hope you like it and I'm sorry that it's not that good. Hopefully I'll get better as the challenge progresses! <33

[Part 1]
*Kayryn's POV*


Mum had decided to invite all the rest of the family round for our birthday meals. True, we weren't aging up until tomorrow but they were all busy then. Unfortunately, only Jacyi could make it. Flynn and Marie were both too busy at work to come round.




I felt like I hadn't seen Jay in years! When really, it had only been a few months. She'd become a young adult and moved out along with her twin brother Flynn. They'd moved out to seperate buildings though and Jacyi had become a well-known celebrity and moved to the hills across the other side of the bridge. She hadn't changed much though! She was still the good old Jay who snorted when she laughed and used to dress me up as a little boy so she could push me round in a stroller and pretend I was her baby.


Mom got to work making a delicious meal of Spag Bol with veggie sauce for me. Marie used to complain because she loved the meat sauce and Mama would change it so that I could eat it too. We all sat down as a family and ate our dinner happily.


Lorraine didn't like the meal that much though and decided to sit on her own down the end of the table, pulling faces.


After dinner, Mama and Daddy got offered a free vacation! Daddy jumped at the chance of gaining new architect skills in new places, whereas Mama worried about us children. There were four of us and we would be home alone. Mama didn't really trust babysitters because when she was little, her mama had left her with a babysitter and the babysitter had run away after causing a fire and just left our mama there to burn.

I promised that I would look after everyone and so they left.


"Here goes."
I whispered. I started by tidying up the house a little and sending Lor off to school. Unfortunately, I would have to stay home all day, but that was fine with me so I rang up the school and let them know I was ill. They weren't too happy, but let it slide as I'd never had a sick day before.

I then went ahead and taught Jayda and Jimm their skills in order to age them up in a few days time.



After teaching them both to walk, I put them to bed and read them both a bedtime story.



I then decided that I would do research some fashion concepts and take myself off to bed. I could have a teen party tomorrow.

Smiling, I went to sleep and had a strange dream. It didn't really have any significance either. In my dream, I went to the new club that opened round the corner called "Aquarias". Entering the doors, people stared at me. I was wearing a long princess dress, which coincidentally is my prom dress that I want. Why was I wearing this in a club?


"Princess!!"
"Your highness."
"Princess Kayryn, your majesty! Welcome to our club!"

I was a princess then. Strange. I went upstairs in the club and got refused entrance by the bouncer. I stood there, staring at her like she was a complete idiot.

"Do you even know who I am?"
I boomed at her, playing on this whole princess thing. She immediately apologised and let me in. Whilst in the club, I danced, flirted with some princes and drank lots until... my sister Marie appeared. She told me to go home, sober up and take care of the kids because they were hungry. I couldn't fathom why she was here in my dream. We weren't that great friends. I nodded and at that moment, the club announced it was shutting. I felt like a strange 21st century Cinderella. I had the gown, I'd lost a shoe in the swimming pool earlier on and Marie was my fairy godmother, sending me home before the clock struck 12.


I woke up, blinking before sighing and getting out of bed. Lor had school again today and Jayda and Jimm needed breakfast. And to top it all off, we were all growing up today! I would be a young adult at last! I would be MOVING OUT!





4 comments:

  1. Very good <3 You have some great ideas. I liked the dream :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was good, but I was a bit lost. More than half way I realized this was a sibling to Jayda, but I couldn't figure out who the narrator was before that. Other than that I really like your ideas.

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry. Guess I should have made that clearer!!! ;D x

      Delete